BACKSTAGE COMMERCE INC, a leading importer and manufacturer of professional hair beauty products was ranked #3 in Quebec and #26 in Canada as the fastest growing company by PROFIT guide 2015. Dubbed as The Next Generation Supplier, we are currently seeking the right candidate who is considering sharing their talents by joining our Montreal team as our Warehouse Associate.
Our core culture is best described as chaotic, but those who adapt will succeed. We are members of Generation Flux; we are fearless, agile, flexible, alert, and hyper which enables us to react to every change of our industry. Constant pressure to learn new things and adapt to new work situations have us welcome candidates who have positive attitudes, are self-motivated, resourceful, open-minded, autonomous, proactive, and passionate.
Location: Montreal, QC
Date Required: Immediate
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Entry
Languages: English and French
Work Experience in related field: 1-3 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare receiving/shipping dock to accept/transfer product
- Match product with purchase/shipping orders
- Inspect product to ensure saleable condition with acceptable code dating
- May be required to assist with scheduling freight appointments
- Lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries/shipments.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Make deliveries with a company vehicle as assigned.
- Verify received/shipping product expiration codes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Experience in a distribution facility an asset.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving an asset.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing an asset.
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
We at BACKSTAGE COMMERCE INC. have a love for the hair beauty industry, genuinely use every product we sell (not to mention our great employee discount) and do what it takes to get the job done with a true sense of style and creative flair.
If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]